Sunday, January 11, 2015

Another year in the stands underway

Cassie and Caitlyn, both, are here-there-n-everywhere already with their basketball gear in tow lately.  
Correction:

**I** am here-there-everywhere with CHILDREN and basketball gear in tow. ;)

I needed to make a decision of exactly where and which child I would have in tow yesterday.  Cassie's tournament was 30 miles due north while Caitlyn's was about 70 miles northeast.  I was in single-parent mode since Paul is in the midst of his night shift.
Clearly, Cassie's closer tournament won the vote.  This time.


And afterwards, the girls ganged up on us parents teamed up for some bonding over soda and pizza.  All 8th graders.  Gettin' big... and sassy :D  Truly great girls all around.

The week ahead is full of basketball too.  I understand now when parents have told me in the past they feel like the taxi service before/after practices and games out-of-town.

Next week, Caitlyn's tournament will be winning in the "Which tournament will you choose to watch while in single-parent mode?" game.  Yuppers.  Paul will be in the midst of his day shift next Saturday, and both girls have tournaments in opposite directions.  *shrug*
It's what we do, right?

At least I have my Hello Kitty pajama pants to relax in once finally at home at the end of the day.

And ....

how 'bout those Packers, right?!?!?!!?!?!?!    Whaaaa-hoooooo!
Happy Sunday everyone.

3 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I remember those days...4 kiddos, 4 different directions, 1 mom, lots of friends.
I had to giggle yesterday when I found out about the Packers vs Seahawks. I'm not a fan of football but I am a friend of many football fans. It should be a fun day on FB. :)

Andee said...

WHOOT WHOOT on those Packers! And way to take turns on seeing what games you can...I am sure the girls love having you there! :) Love the pj pants!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Such a good momma! Who are the Packers? LOL