Monday, July 13, 2015

Smith Mountain Morning - Green [Hours 9 - 12]

It's mid-July and my passions are pulling me in every old and new direction.  Four more hours of time dedicated to Smith Mountain Morning (greens) were scattered here-n-there this past week

Hr #9:  starting to press the sub-units for the green star blocks

Fifteen years of quilting under my belt;  mistakes still happen :D

Hr #10: green star blocks completed; 1.5" brown and green logs cut for the connector block

Hr #11:  still piecing the connector blocks;  neutral squares added to the green logs

Hr #12: connector blocks 2nd log layer of browns pieced and starting to press
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

gayle said...

Enjoying this! (There's always someone who asks "So, how long does it take to make a quilt?"...)
And loving those greens and browns!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Lord have mercy Amy! I can't even keep up with you anymore! Aloe plants, tumblers, and Smith Mountain Morning.....OH MY! I know you teachers put a lot into your days off. Enjoy them while they last!

Andee said...

Ooooh ooh oooh how did I miss this! I love this pattern--have only made the one but it is up there as a fave. LOVE yours in green, how fun!